This recipe was inspired by a bag of pistachios I’ve had in my pantry and some chicken that needed to be cooked – touching, I know. But really, this is a healthy dish that everyone will love – it’s really high in protein/low in carbs and sugars which is always a bonus.
What you’ll need:
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast (sliced thin)
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp honey
- 6 tsps dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- In a food processor, combine the pistachios and oats – pulse until desired consistency. Next add the honey, mustard, and olive oil. Combine
- Coat the chicken with the pistachio mixture, make sure to coat it as much as possible (some will probably fall off easily)
- *optional* saute the chicken in a pan on both sides for a couple mins
- Place in the oven for about 15-20 mins (depending on thickness of chicken)
- Serve it on up!
***I also made a sauce to balance the flavor using plain greek yogurt, juice from an orange, dijon mustard, garlic, sesame seeds, and some salt – healthy and yummy!
I hope you get a chance to try this one – super simple and even great the next day for lunch! Keep following my blog for more recipes and reviews!
Yinzer Eats. Where Yinzers Eat.