Although I love eating at restaurants and trying foods, I also love cooking, especially the healthy stuff. And I want you to be healthy too! If you are thinking of eating healthier then go ahead and give some of these a try. I also love trying new recipes all the time so send some my way. Plus, just because something is healthy doesn’t mean it has to taste terrible, right?
Have you ever thought to put ‘healthy’ and ‘fried rice’ in the same sentence? Yeah, neither did I. That is until I learned about the versatility of cauliflower.
I get it, some of you may be thinking of how disgusting that sounds and that it was your worst enemy when you were a kid and how you can’t even stand the smell; but I swear this veggie will change your eating habits. Plus, since I had Nakama’s rice the other day, I just had to make my healthy version.
Cauliflower Pork Fried Rice:
As my mother always taught me, cooking is more of an art, not a science. And when I would ask for measurements, she would tell me to figure it out. So you can have some fun and figure it out too (add/remove whatever you want and let me know how it tastes!):
- Some pork loin cut to but size pieces
- Bell peppers
- White and green onion
- Water chestnuts
- Liquid aminos (healthy soy sauce substitute)
- Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Red pepper flakes
- Use food processor to shred cauliflower so it looks just like rice. Set aside
- Heat up your wok with sesame oil
- Sauté the garlic and ginger
- Throw in the pork (I also like to cut off the fat), add salt, pepper and red pepper, and cook through mostly
- Next add the onions and peppers. Cook down slightly
- Make room to scramble eggs in the wok
- Mix in water chestnuts, cauliflower, sesame seeds, and liquid aminos (to your taste)
- Pig out! (no pun intended lol)
A 10 ounce serving of the rice I made is 175 calories. 175 FOR A WHOLE MEAL WHAAAT.
PRO-TIP: this is a great meal to prep for the oh-so-popular fad, ‘meal prepping‘.
Remember to try the recipe and please contact me if you have any questions/suggestions/complaints/jokes!
Yinzer Eats. Where Yinzers Eat.